Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Senior Itch





My back is sore, i'm constantly fidgeting and my jaw is locked so tight it hurts to unclench. What is happening?
Stress...

Can you feel it? The "Senior itch" is here.

Not only can I not believe that this is my final semester in school, I cannot believe that I am 22 and that i'm in the point in my life where everything I ever knew is about to change. There's no safety net having someone telling me where i'm going to go next. It's mysterious, daunting and so exciting. I don't know what I am going to do and I couldn't be any more thrilled for the next chapter in my life.

22. Now, that number may seem young to some readers and old to others, but man...there is so much that has
happened in those years.
I won and lost, and I thrived and broke down. I also traveled, made mistakes and amazing memories.
And the best part? There's so much more to look forward to!

As I sit typing this with Emilie-Claire Barlow singing "C'est si bon" in the background, all I can do is feel that uplifting feeling that life is good! It's so good just to be where we are.



Take a step back and enjoy it. At whatever age you're at take that one minute to take a look at the people around you and look at yourself. 







post signature

1 comment:

  1. What a great post! I had the senior itch about two semester ago. It was such an exciting and big learning experience!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts, I read every comment!